View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 12:24 AM   #128
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Week 16
Indianapolis 6-8 @ Atlanta 12-2
We are sitting a lot of starters for this game, trying to get everyone 100% for the post season. But at the same time, Tampa is still just one game back, and we do not want to give up any ground to them. We are wondering how well we can hold up against the Colts.

This was not a good game for Leland. This makes three weeks in a row that Leland is less than effective carrying the ball. Again he picked up a lot of yards, but only because he was given a lot of carries. He did sore the go ahead TD in the closing minutes of the game though, and so you can't complain too much. Nevertheless, I expect more then 2.6 yards per carry out of Nixon. We win the game 21-14.

In other news, Tampa wins again bringing them to 12-3. We need to win next week to assure ourselves of a first round bye. Also, my QB set a record for most yards passing in a career (This is actually the second time that he set the record as he was passed last year when he sat out most of the season with an injury) with 62930 yards passing. Congratulations Moe Swift.

In injury news one of my backup WRs was injured and is out for the year. This leaves me with three players on IR, the other two are starters on my offensive line. This week I will still be sitting a couple of other players

Week 17
Atlanta 13-2 @ Carolina 5-10
Last week Carolina broke a 6 game losing streak with a blowout victory over the Texans. They would like to repeat that feat against what is considered to be one of the better teams in the league this week. The Panthers are weak against the run, so I am hopeful that Leland will be able to exploit that to our gain. There is no real chance that Nixon will be able to reach 4 yards per carry, and it is highly unlikely that Leland will score 3 TDs to finish with 15 for the year. It is a shame that on a year when the team is playing so well, Leland will not reach 2 of his 3 goals.

Well I stand corrected. Leland can, and did score 3 TDs in a game, and that gave him 15 for the year. He finished the game with a very respectable 127 yards to go with those TDs That was enough to give Leland the game's MVP award. Our defense gave up a long TD run in the first quarter, but after that we held strong and allowed nothing else. Nixon's 3 TDs made the final score 21-7. We win the division, and home field advantage through the playoffs. We suffer a couple more minor injuries, but they should mostly be good by our next game.

In other news around the league, Tampa won their final game, and will be a wild card team, in spite of having the third best record in the league, and being the only team to beat us. Jacksonville won their final game to go 11-5, (winning 9 of their last 10 games) and they will have a first round bye as well. Baltimore was the other team to finish the year with a 14-2 record.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote