View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #18
Izulde
Head Coach

In a fit of anger, I accidentally deleted my post.

The synopsis:

We completely shit the bed against Long Sutton Athletic after Chris Rowley is lured away on an $11k deal, losing by 3. We spank Ryhall United after bringing in a couple emergency keepers, and then melt down in a late loss to Ketton, where a win would have won us promotion and a tie would have required them to win out and us to lose both. After that, a bunch of people left, including James Jones and Darius Morgan (on a fucking N/C no less).

The Original Assholes have been on fire, and we were once again down to them (hence the accidental deletion), but we fight back to a draw.

The Youth Candidates embarrass the U21s 2-0, and that includes a number of actual starters on the squad.

Five new starters emerge from the youth pull - that's how great this crop looks. I'm so taken by them, I go on holiday until our final match, skipping the transfer deadline.

With everything left to play for it's:

Long Sutton Athletic - 17 points
Us - 17 points
Ketton - 16 points

(2nd) vs Long Sutton Athletic (1st)
GK: Leon Flavell*
D: Marc Mitchell/Liam Nicell/Ian Penney/Steve Gibbens*
DM: Paul Nisbet
M: Justin Cooper/Craig Attwood/Michael Laslett*
S: Jack Banks*/Mario Collins*

This is it. For all the marbles. I imagine Long Sutton Athletic will play not to lose, because then they promote no matter what. Ketton gets Ryhall United, the softest draw in the league just about.

6 - Flavell literally drops the ball. 0-1

38 - It's over. 0-2

91 - Salt poured in. 0-3

Now we just have to hope Ryhall United pulled off the upset for us.

THEY DID, A 1-0 SHOCKER!!!!

THORNEY PROMOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote