View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 03:23 PM   #20
Izulde
Head Coach

Other glitches I've noticed - after a couple seasons, even after you've scouted a player, it still says you need to scout player. And N/A/N/A appears sometimes for scouted players in current/potential stars - though this bug can be fixed by simply reloading the game.

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC/ST Jamie Hopkins (24)
Locked down as a starting central defender, though if need be, we can move him around different spots.

Transfer In - DLCR Luke Williams (24)
126 clubs were after him, and we won out. Although signed for the first team, he's probably more of a reserve.

Transfers Out
ST Mario Collins - $400
DL Marc Mitchell - $17k
ST David Carter - N/C
GK Leon Flavell - $400

b]All five of our super youth pulls who started the last game were stolen away. As an amateur team, you're basically a free breeder of talent for semipro clubs[/b].

Germany wins the Euro Cup. I'd love to do international management at some point, but we're a long way off from that in our tiny realm of England.

Wilmslow Albion are 1-10 favorites, followed by even odds us, Long Sutton Athletic, and Elton Vale.

Transfer In - ST Gaz Wilson (16) - From Coxhoe Athletic
Turned down $775 from Coxhoe, where he was a youth pull last season, to come play for us. I see this kid as a legit potential star in the making, the same way I saw Paul Nisbet and his intriguing skillset.

Interesting thing re: Paul Nisbet by the way. You'll recall that I snapped him up in the first season at the trade deadline with an hour and a half to go. His original team was Awesworth Villa, where, you may recall, he posted a 7.7 rating. Well, somehow, I don't know why or how he's made Thorney his favorite club as a player and even before we promoted, I was his favorite manager. In fact, I was his favorite even during the year before's last place shit fest. He's had offer after offer after offer, but has thus far rejected them, and won two straight Fan Player of the Year awards.

Transfer In - AML/ST Graham Carter (18)
Some real rockstar mental attributes, though he's currently in the subs list. I could see him starting sooner rather than later, however.

@ Nottinghamshire AFC
G: Jamie Evans
D: Luke Williams/Jamie Hopkins/Ian Penney/Ryan Leggett
DM: Paul Nisbet
M: Justin Cooper/Stuart Pearson/Nicky Greene
ST: Dave Chitty/Gaz Wilson

I feel like we're weaker overall than what we were at the start of last season, in spite of the additions, but we'll see.

59 - Cooper moves to AP; Pearson to BBM, and Attwood comes in at BWM. Hopkins slides up to DM and Bryant jumps in at DC. Bad game for Nisbet.

Fact of the matter is, we should have been able to win this one. But sometimes, no matter how hard you hammer at the goal and how often, it's just not going to go in.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote