View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 11:04 PM   #27
Izulde
Head Coach

Our efforts at landing a fill-in striker before the next game fail miserably, so we'll have to press on.

4th vs King's Cliffe (8th)
G: Jordan Yorath
D: Lewis Page/Jamie Hopkins/Ian Penney/Ryan Leggett
DM: Paul Nisbet
M: Stuart Pearson/Justin Cooper
AM: Vernon Francis
ST: Adam Cornell/Dave Chitty

46 - Mbeleck on for Page, who is playing nervously.

50 - Pearson is knocked out with injury, so Attwood is in.

69 - Carter on for Chitty, who is playing shitty.

We had a few shots, but just couldn't get it in. 3 way tie for 2nd place now, with the 1st place team 5 points up and 10 games to go.

We also can't get anyone to come in and help us with our title chase.

4th @ Stamford Belvedere (6th)
D: Lewis Page/Jamie Hopkins/Ian Penney/Ryan Leggett
M: Stuart Pearson/Justin Cooper

16 - Nisbet with the long free kick. Chitty gets his head on it, but the defender intercepts and deposits it into his own goal! 1-0

57 - Attwood in for the nervous Pearson

69 - Francis shifts down to replace Cooper, and Sam Mitchell jumps in at AMC. In the same moment, Leggett is sent out with an injury, forcing Mbeleck in.

We didn't play that well, and honestly didn't deserve the win, but we'll take it, and the subsequent move up to 3rd place.

And then more injuries hit. Justin Cooper out 5-6 weeks. Jamie Hopkins out 3-4 weeks. I mean, we have the cover to fill in for those guys, but it's still bullshit.

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC Liam Nicell (31)
Yep, he's back again! Played 22 games for his semi-pro club and didn't do so hot (6.38 average rating), so he was more than happy to return to where he starred.

3rd @ Yarnton (10th)
D: Lewis Page/Liam Nicell/Ian Penney/Ryan Leggett
M: Stuart Pearson/Chris Dickman

We still can't get any strikers to sign with us, so once again we're forced to run out with this lineup.

4 - Beautiful long ball by Leggett for Cornell, who is just about to take a shot, but then a sliding tackle by the defense comes in... and hilariously enough, the ball dribbles all the way into the net for an own goal. 1-0

8 - Flawless goal kick by Yorath bounces ahead. Chitty's there with no one in front of him, and he sinks it past the keeper. 2-0

14 - Phenomenal interception by Page to start a counter. It finishes with double-pressed Chitty laying off to Nisbet, and the ensuing rainbow arc hits Francis for the easy strike. 3-0

26 - Our defense is pressed back and back, until Nicell has to give it to Yorath. The long kick finds Cornell on the far left wing. He's being pressed by a single defender, so he sends it to Francis, who again has the defense beat, and our veteran Engache is just en fuego today! 4-0

My assman says at halftime, don't even say anything. It would just overcomplicate things, so I don't say a single word for the first time in my multiple FM editions careers.

59 - Chitty boots it out to Leggett on the wing. The following cross is intercepted, but Dishman counter-intercepts and heads it to Cornell, who with the goal at his mercy, sings the strings! 5-0

69 - Free kick goal given up. Watch me give no fucks. 5-1

88 - Nicell's free kick is blocked, but he recovers his own missed shot. The defender misses the tackle on him, and the tight angled second shot is in! 6-1

OH.MY.GOD! I HAVE NEVER, EVER SEEN A GAME LIKE THAT IN ALL MY YEARS OF FM!!!!

Leggett legged a late yellow, but whatever.

With 8 games left, we're in 1st place, tied on points, and 2 points ahead of 3rd.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote