View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 02:55 AM   #30
Izulde
Head Coach

People are trying to free transfer Gaz Wilson. I tell them to go fuck themselves. I set an asking price of $15 million to make everyone go away, because the offers keep coming.

And still these motherfuckers are offering cheap ass transfers of $0, with at most 25% of future sale. GET THE FUCK OUT.

Transfers Out
GK Grant Beckwith - N/C
AMC Vernon Francis - $7.25k (After he was asking $12k from us.. sheesh).
ST Adam Cornell - $9k

Transfer In - GK Alex Roden (16) - $400
Cool trick - if you sign 16 year olds, it doesn't matter your agreed contract - they automatically revert to a youth contract until they turn 18 I'm guessing. This is a steal of a deal, as he's rated a 3.5* keeper already, well above Jordan Yorath's 2.5*.

Transfer In - DM/MC Shaun Atkinson (16) - $400
Will challenge for a starting spot at MC, but even if that falls through, he'll be a good substitute player at two spots.

Transfer In - DL Kalijah Gibbons (18) - $13k
We splashed boku bucks on this kid over cheaper, lesser non-contract options because he's a 4.5/5 Complete Wingback out of the gate.

Hiring staff is proving a real asspain. Everyone wants to be a Youth guy, not a senior level coach/assman, which is fucking stupid.. and really, *really* irritating. We're able to ink our head physio and head scout to contracts, however.

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC Dwight Wright (16) - $400
Can be a starring midfielder or buff up our DC position. Incredibly talented player overall, and we continue raiding the youth pulls of the lower division clubs. Abuse? Sure, but other teams are doing it. He'd even smash Paul Nisbet at DM, by the way.

Promotion Odds - Western Division One
Old Vardeanians: 5-4
Nottinghamshire AFC: 6-4
Shotton Colliery Welfare: 7-4
Thorney: 7-4
Cargo Fleet: 2-1
Morris Motors: 5-2

Shotton Colliery Welfare has spent a ton of money putting a team together - multiple players making $20k base or more, so if they don't promote, it'll be a huge letdown for them.

Transfer In - DC Dominic Hughes (16) - $400
Volatile and Outspoken, but he has phenomenal central defender game for this level (3.5). He's also a 3.5* CWB at DL, so invaluable there, too. He and Liam Nicell strike up a tutoring agreement.

Transfer In - ST/DC/ML Andrew Grundy (17) - $10.75k
We had the cap space to burn, so I experimented to see if he would also revert to a youth deal. The answer is no. He's also not nearly as good as expected, but he'll be a starter anyway, because I don't want to abuse the Jason Porter glitch.

We lost $7.28k last month, the first time we've ever bled out. That's the price of having a semi-pro team, and that's with our carefully controlling the wage budget - a few lavish spendings aside.

@ Nottinghamshire AFC
G: Alex Roden
D: Kalijah Gibbons/Dominic Hughes/Liam Nicell/Ryan Leggett
DM: Paul Nisbet
M: Justin Cooper/Dwight Wright
AM: Reggie Pouncey
S: Andrew Grundy/Gaz Wilson

This will be a great test for us against the team we promoted with. They're promotion contenders as well, and they've broken ground on a new 11,000 seat stadium, the first match of which will be played today. I sure hope we did the same!

40 - The stands are packed, and Grundy plays it cool, passing forward to Pouncey, who lays it forward for Wilson to run the ball in the box. The strike hits home! 1-0

55 - Dennis Betts, a youth pull last season, comes on for Leggett

65 - Barron in for Pouncey

70 - Oh, look! A bullshit fluke goal! 1-1

We got robbed on that shit. Just totally and completely robbed.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote