View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 06:47 AM   #32
Izulde
Head Coach

Insomnia hit, so I'm going to keep playing.

@ Kenilworth Town (FA Cup Second Preliminary Round)
G: Alex Roden
D: Lewis Page/Dominic Hughes/Luke Williams/Dennis Betts
DM: Liam Nicell
M: Justin Cooper/Dwight Wright
AM: Justin Barron
S: Andrew Grundy/Dave Chitty

I misread the message - the Barton United match was what got rearranged as a result of this one. This is an amateur team, so even though we're away, we should be able to win. But consider what happened the last round where we pulled the upset.

We're on time #4 of takeover talks, by the way.

Anyway, largely the B-list lineup, because league play is more important.

4 - Beaut of an interception by Page. Skip long ball to Chitty, pause, and then skip long ball to Barron, who breezes by for the half-circle shot and score. 1-0

31 - Awful backpass by Chitty and we give up a goal 1-1

33 - Nicell shoots it out to Betts on the right wing. The pass hits Chitty, who dribbles his way into the box and fires a shot that makes up for his mental lapse. 2-1

62 - Hopkins on for Hughes; Cooper for Pearson.

78 - Double yellow for one of their dudes. Time to open stuff up even more.

85 - Chitty gets the ball on the right wing and dribbles all the way into the corner of the pitch. Defense is buzzing around him, and he sends it back on a diagonal to Atkinson just outside the box. The strike is a good damn thing of beauty, and hits the net like I'd like to hit Kate Upton. 3-1

7.8 for Dennis Betts, 7.6 for Lewis Page, 8.3 for Shaun Atkinson, and 8.8 for PotM Dave Chitty.

That's another $5.53k in the kitty for the win.

4th @ Barton United (2nd)
G: Alex Roden
D: Kalijah Gibbons/Dominic Hughes/Jamie Hopkins/Ryan Leggett
DM: Paul Nisbet
M: Justin Cooper/Dwight Wright
AM: Reggie Pouncey
S: Gaz Wilson/Jason Porter

10 - Ugh. 0-1

16 - Wilson, who is already knocked, gets drilled in the box, and Cooper converts the PK. How the jackass who keeps going after Wilson still isn't carded yet, I don't know. 1-1

32 - We'll take that own goal gift, sure. 2-1

Grundy replaces Wilson; Nicell in for Hughes at the half.

68 - Pouncey sends the ball far down the left wing, and Grundy has the ability to get to the ball first. Dribble into the box, cross to Porter, and the insurance is easy. 3-1

79 - Miles Mitchell comes on for the knocked Gibbons.

87 - Wright's bounce pass *just* skips by the defense for Porter, and I think the soft shot is too weak to go in, but the keeper misjudges it, and it trickles in. 4-1

7.6 for Dwight Wright, 7.7 for Justin Cooper, and 8.9 for PotM Jason Porter, who really turned it on in the second half.

We'll be without Kalijah Gibbons for 2-3 weeks with a thigh strain. He hasn't been playing that well yet anyway, which sort of makes me regret spending all that money on him.

On the bright side? Sure it's only 3 games, but we're in sole possession of 1st place.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote