Head Coach

@ Romsey (FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round)
G: Jordan Yorath
D: Lewis Page/Dominic Hughes/Jamie Hopkins/Ryan Leggett
DM: Paul Nisbet
M: Justin Cooper/Dwight Wright
AM: Reggie Pouncey
S: Andrew Grundy/Dave Chitty

Lot of back and forth leading up to this one. I'd say we're significant underdogs. Also quite funny that we make it through the preliminary, but that just means we've made it to the qualifying stages.

20 - Bleh. 0-1

42 - We're sucking ass out there 0-2

55 - Nicell for Nisbet; Barron for Cooper

57 - Grundy heads it back to Wright, who passes it to Pouncey. Long ball into the box, and the keeper comes out, missing the grab. That's an easy tap-in for Grundy. 1-2

63 - Pouncey on the corner, and Hughes heads it in! 2-2

71 - [b]Miles Mitchell[l/b] tags in for Page

80 - FUCKING PATHETIC FREE KICK DEFENDING 2-3

Well, that's disappointing as fuck.

@ Market Drayton (FA Vase 2nd Round)
D: Miles Mitchell/Liam Nicell/Ian Penney/Dennis Betts
M: Justin Cooper/Shaun Atkinson
AM: Sam Mitchell
S: Gaz Wilson/Jason Porter

Have to try and bounce back after that soul-crushing loss. And we're being forced to do it as huge underdogs.

11 - Booming clearance by Penney shoots out to Sam Mitchell, who holds up and lays off to Porter. A second long ball finds Wilson just beating the offsides trap, and slashing the net with a cross rocket. 1-0

43 - I can't believe they didn't score that. Horrid finishing effort.

51 - Barron replaces Sam Mitchell, who just blew an easy shot of his own.

60 - Pearson in for Atkinson and midfielders switch.

It was the kind of game where Gaz Wilson's 7.3 was enough for PotM, and we were solid overall, but kind of a meh win at best - one we could have just as easily lost.

Still, I'm damn sure not going to cry about beating a favored team, who additionally have the awesome name of The Gingerbread Men. Nor will I be disappointed out the $2.79k, though I'd rather have had the FA Cup money.

4th vs Morris Motors (5th)
D: Kalilah Gibbons/Dominic Hughes/Jamie Hopkins/Ryan Leggett
DM: Dwight Wright
M: Stuart Pearson/Shaun Atkinson
S: Andrew Grundy/Clive Murray

We're making up a game in hand in here, and it's going to be tough against one of the league's best teams and our not fielding the most ideal lineup in the world.

41 - We've been playing like shit all game. 0-1

56 - Chitty for Grundy; Cooper for Wright

59 - Pouncey's corner to Hughes is cleared away, but Murray is there to crack the long rebound, for what I swear is his first goal ever for us! 1-1

The post game team talk was a fucking disaster. Ugh.

2nd vs Copperas Hill (12th)
D: Lewis Page/Dominic Hughes/Ian Penney/Dennis Betts
M: Liam Nicell/Dwight Wright
AM: Justin Barron
S: Gaz Wilson/Jason Porter

We need to start kicking it back in gear in league play. Cargo Fleet is owning everyone right now, and embarrassing all of us, because of how low their payroll is.

26 - Damn we suck at defending set pieces this season 0-1

36 - Knocked out - Porter. In is Grundy. Striker switch.

62 - Williams on for Page

That match was complete shit on our part.

We made $35.14k last month, probably due to cups stuff. Paul Nisbet's performances are now a thing to worry about. Which, to be perfectly honest, is fair. He's been shockingly mediocre this season, and it may be time to think about selling him while he still holds value.

3rd @ Chippenham Park (11th)
G: Alex Roden
D: Kalijah Gibbons/Dominic Hughes/Jamie Hopkins/Ryan Leggett
DM: Liam Nicell
M: Justin Cooper/Dwight Wright
S: Andrew Grundy/Gaz Wilson

Jason Porter is out a couple weeks with injury. I'm fielding a strong lineup here despite the FA Vase in a few days, because we need to start getting back to winning in the league.

30 - WTF is with this team?! 0-1

48 - All of a sudden we can't beat ANYBODY! 0-2

53 - @$%%!@%!@ 0-3

58 - Grundy scores. I don't care. 1-3

66 - Cooper to Wright to Wilson, and suddenly there's a slim chance. Nisbet for Nicell; Williams for Gibbons. Probably not enough though. 2-3

This was down to the whole defense fucking bombing in the second half. Sub-6.0 scores for Alex Roden and Kalijah Gibbons, the latter of whom I'm very close to getting rid of.

I have a talk with him and tell him he really fucked up this one, which he admits. Roden I'll allow it due to his coming back from injury.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote