Head Coach

5th @ Alder FC (3rd)
G: Alex Roden
D: Kalijah Gibbons/Dominic Hughes/Ian Penney/Ryan Leggett
DM: Dwight Wright
M: Justin Cooper/Shaun Atkinson
AM: Justin Barron
S: Andrew Grundy/Jason Porter

4 - What a beautiful, perfect long ball free kick deep in our half by Penney to all alone Grundy's head for the forceful score! That might be the prettiest goal I've ever seen. 1-0

53 - Williams in for Gibbons; Sam Mitchell for Barron

54 - Well, that worked out perfectly! Mitchell's corner hits Williams for the head-in goal. 2-0

76 - Atkinson wings it out to Leggett just outside the box. The cross mis-fires as the defense intercepts, but Porter gets it back, shoots. Deflection, and the rebound is good! 3-0

77 - We got lazy there. No fight on the header. 3-1

8.3 for Andrew Grundy as PotM. We're technically within 3 points of 1st now, but 2nd and 3rd place both have a game in hand on us, as does 5th, so overall, that run to 1st isn't looking a likely regain any time soon.

I transfer list Kalijah Gibbons after offering him to clubs nets no interest. He's upset about it, and gets angry when I tell him I don't think he's cut out for this level. So I tell him I'll take him off if he proves himself on the pitch, which he vows to do.

$1.61k profit for the month. Yay. Here's to hoping we can make money on the year.

Thorney @ Camelford (FA Vase 4th Round)
D: Kalijah Gibbons/Dominic Hughes/Ian Penney/Ryan Leggett
DM: Paul Nisbet
M: Dwight Wright/Shaun Atkinson
AM: Justin Barron
S: Gaz Wilson/Jason Porter

24 - We weren't expected to even be able to compete anyway, but still disappointing to once again fuck up on a corner kick 0-1

Williams replaces Leggett at half.

54 - Pfeh. 0-2

60 - Chitty for Porter

81 - Nisbet steals the ball, and short passes to Barron for the pass to Wilson. The shot cracks off the bar, but Chitty is there for the rebound! 1-2

We have a few more chances down the stretch, but just can't convert another goal for the tie. Still proud of how we played against a vastly superior team. And hey, we pulled in $1.24k despite losing.

Nobody wants Kalijah Gibbons, even for free. I may have to cut my losses with him, and just release him outright. Dude has just been straight up lousy. At the very least, he's lost his starting job to Lewis Page.

5th vs Cargo Fleet (1st)
D: Lewis Page/Dominic Hughes/Ian Penney/Ryan Leggett
AM: Reggie Pouncey

6 - Wilson's free kick cracks the crossbar, but Pouncey is there to pounce on the rebound. 1-0

8 - Fucking awful backpass by Leggett. Grr. 1-1

18 - Beautiful header by Penney on Nisbet's free kick. The dude just outperforms his ratings - hence why he's surpassed Hopkins on the chart. 2-1

34 - That sure didn't look like a red card worthy offense in my books, but we'll take it!

Williams is on for Leggett at the half.

53 - Giving up a short-handed goal is fucking stupid. 2-2

61 - Barron in for Atkinson, and midfielders switch.

86 - Chitty in for Porter

91 - Wright to Pouncey just inside the box, and just when I think he's going to shoot, he gives it to Wilson. The shot's deflected, and Wilson charges forth to put in his rebound! Cargo Fleet cries about offsides. Fuck off. 3-2

8.2 for Reggie Pouncey and 7.8 for Gaz Wilson, as their dude who scored both goals gets PotM. Not a brilliant win, but an important one to guarantee that we'll be in okay shape at the halfway point.

5th vs Roman Glass St. George (10th)
D: Lewis Page/Dominic Hughes/Ian Penney/Ryan Leggett
AM: Reggie Pouncey

29 - We're awarded a PK. Much bitching is had, drawing a yellow on one of their dudes. Pouncey easily converts. 1-0

Barron replaces Wright at the half

63 - We're awarded yet penalty. Pouncey converts again, Chitty replaces Wilson, and striker switch. 2-0

71 - Chitty is forced out with injury, and we have to go with a sole striker, 2 AMC setup, with Barron as a support Attacking Midfielder. Attwood comes in as MC BWM.

8.2 for Ryan Leggett, and of course PotM and 8.7 goes to Reggie Pouncey. They did a good job of shutting us down outside of those PKs.

With everyone more or less sorted out in GP, we're 3 points back of 1st place. Dave Chitty is out 3 months with a torn hamstring, which is unfortunate, but also a blessing, as I meant to make Andrew Grundy our third striker and kept forgetting the switch.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote