Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 08:20 PM   #313
PilotMan
Head Coach

First week of June, 2007

Fight Night-

Ismael has a fight tonight and he should be ready for it. He is coming off of his first round TKO win a few weeks ago and looks to win tonight as well. His opponent is Benny Wilson. Wilson isn’t anything to write home about and he hasn’t won a fight in over a year. Hard to believe that he is ranked higher than Ismael right now. His best feature is his accuracy with his punches. He isn’t going to scare anyone with his power, but could be a solid boxer. It is going to be another four rounder, so what damage that can be done is going to have to be done quickly. Ismael is going to press the action and press his advantage and his skills around the ring. I think that he has a good shot to win this one. The oddsmakers like Isamel at 1/3 while his opponent is 5/2. Even if I max out my bet, which I will do, there won’t be a lot of money to be had here.

I have been really struggling to find opponents who are willing to face young welterweight Tomoaki Watanabe. Watanabe, I think, could be a good fighter in the same build as Omar or Lee, but he has to grab a win. I finally found a fighter who was willing to make a go in the ring. His name is Faustino Virgen. Virgen is 0-2 and is aggressive and hit plenty hard. He has solid skills, but like Watanabe hasn’t grabbed that first win yet. Think of this fight as a Maiden horserace where, unless there is a draw, one of these two may actually have a chance to make something out of his career. The fight is going to be in six weeks. If he doesn’t win he will be sold, as noone will ever want to fight him.

A lot of the guys have been coming to me and telling me that they are ready to fight. Drydon, for one, is in the middle of a six fight win streak. He is ranked in the top 100, and has a couple of fights left on his contract. I have make a killing on his contract, and I firmly believe that he could become a top 10 fighter with time. However, I am not sure that I have the finances to be able to take him on a run.

Andreas Rueles is also ready, however, I want him to spend more time in the gym. I don’t feel comfortable with him until he is in better shape.

Melvin is also ready to go again, but like Andreas he really should be allowed build up in some of his weak areas. It may be time for him to face a bigger opponent, than beating up second class contenders in the lightweight divison.

Omar is in the same predicament. He still needs to train up in a couple of areas, but otherwise is in good shape.

I should have fights for everyone shortly.

Lawrence is back in top form, his fight is coming in a little over a month.

Title Fight-

Light Heavyweight Champ James Singleton 15-8-0(14) v. Bob Foster #3 65-8-1(52)

Singleton is making his first title defense, and he didn’t pick an easy one right away. If he manages to win this, he just may gain some respect. Foster has been a top ten conteder for over 2 years. He has beated a former champ, and won his last nine fights. This fight will not go the distance. Both men hit hard, and have good chins. Foster may be in better shape. Foster is the favorite, at ½, while Singleton is 7/4. Since no light-heavy weight champ has ever defended the title successfully, I gotta believe that Foster is going to win this handily.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote