Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #314
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Ismael Gutierrez 3-1-0(2) #110 v. Benny Wilson 4-6-2(0) #108

Round one started and Ismael showed Wilson no respect at all. Charging hard as if Wilson were already hurt he flailed away with huge punches. Wilson did well moving and trying to get out of the way, however he held on when ever he had the chance too. At the halfway point it was about even, Ismael was clearly landing the harder shots while Wilson landed more jabs. With :49 seconds remaining Gutierrez did what he set out to do. He tagged Wilson with a right cross right on the chin, and he went down. He managed to get up at the 6 count, and took the eight count. Gutierrez dominated the rest of the round and Wilson was happy to survive.

Round two was like round one without the knockdown. Ismael controlled the round and landed a lot, but couldn’t put together a good flurry to end it. Ismael should be on the books for winning this one too.

You don’t see too many rounds like this one. Ismael coming and coming and coming some more. He started the round by assaulting Wilson. Wilson answered with the jab. Gutierrez attacked some more, around the one minute mark Gutierrez was tagged with a left hook and he was shocked. I was shocked. He went to the canvas. Against a fighter who has hardly any power at all. He managed to get to his feet by the 7 count and the ref let it continue. As the fight went on, Ismael recoverd and there was a lot of time left. A combination sent Wilson back and Ismael pressed the advantage. By 2:11 the ref had seen enough and grabbed Wilson, protecting him from any more punishment.

Guterriez wins by a 3rd round TKO.

This is a bittersweet win. I was a little stunned to see the turn of events, but Ismael was so dominating that I didn’t think that he could get hurt. He is still a little glassy eyed. I hope that he learns from this win, and that he improves his defense some.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote