Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #335
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Tomoaki Watanabe 0-1-2(0) #142 v. Faustino Virgen 0-2-0(0) #139

This fight is scheduled for four rounds.

Watanabe is a natural jab thrower. He did a very nice job of landing jab after jab. I don’t think he has the power to really go after Virgen, but I think I am safe to say that I think that he won the round.

I guess I was wrong. Watanabe did have enough power to go after Virgen. He used his jab effectively, and moved well. He smoked a straight right, square on jaw. Virgen went down and got back up at the 4 count. He took the 8 and immediatly got clocked by another on the other side, and went right back down. He again, made the count and came back for more. He lasted another :30 when another blow from Watanabe dropped him to the canvas. Again he got back up and finished the round. I question the brains of the ref for letting this fight continue.

Round 3 was even, but not the kind of even that you associate with two guys dancing around. I am talking about the kind where both men fire shots and the last man standing wins. Both men were tired by the end of the round and both men were hurt. Watanabe is close to grabbing his first win.

Round 4 was boring compared to the rest of the fight. Both men seemed happier to clinch, then to really get down to business. Watanabe did well with the jab and the round did look similar to round one. He should have pulled this one out. Even if he lost 2 rounds he should still manage the win considering how much he killed Virgen in round 2. Here is how they saw it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote