Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:36 PM   #337
PilotMan
Head Coach

Ismael has a fight next week and that will leave him with one fight left on his contract with Punishment Inc. He is still a good fighter, and he is probably the best fighter in the stable, or at least the best with a shot at the title. His contract will be one of the most expensive in the stable, but I now have over 4 million in the bank, so there is room to make an investment. At this point I would say that there is a good chance that he will be resigned.

Important fights:

Featherweight FOY - Calvin Calvert 21-4-0(16) #5 v. Satoshi Ohba 27-1-0(16) #6

This is an interesting matchup. Calvert had been one of the best in the featherweight division, until he was soundly beaten by Armando Medina. Calvert has a big punch, good defense, and solid all around skills. Ohba is a rising force in the division. He was ranked as low as 103 a little over two years ago. Now he is ranked in the top 10. That is quite a climb. His most rescent win was a KO of Juan Zamora. Zamora is a quality fighter. Ohba is the favorite, odds on him are ˝, the odds on Calvert are 7/4. Calvert has been at the top for a long time, I know that he has fought many tougher fighters. I will take that bet, especially considering the odds.

Former Light Heavyweight Champion Jeff Ellery 20-12-1(12) #19 v. Carl Wilks 24-2-0(19) #12

Ellery has been on a big downward slide. He has lost his last four fights, two to either former champs or current champs, and one by KO. Both men lost to Martin Kinnear in their last fight. Ellery lost via a majority decision and Wilks was knocked out. Wilks other loss was to Roy Jones, but both losses have been within the last year. Ellery is really down and out, mentally he is not in the game anymore. He will need to buck up if he is to win. Wilks is the favorite at ˝, while Ellery is at 5/3.

Title Fight -

Flyweight World Champion Gerardo Ramirez 28-1-0(12) v. Edel Gomez 26-1-1(14) #9

Ramirez is in his second stint as flyweight champion. He is a solid puncher, and a better boxer. Good defense, and good accuracy, should give him a good shot to take the title. Gomez should try and take the fight into the late rounds as Ramirez may tire. Gomez’s only loss was to Zosimo Diaz, the fighter who was just beaten in Ramirez last title defense. This should be a good fight, I think that Ramirez has the edge in almost all the areas, and his experience should see him through. Ramirez is a heavy favorite at 1/4, and Gomez is 3/1.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote