Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #339
PilotMan
Head Coach

Last week of July, 2007

Fight Night -

The time is now to find a fight for Omar. It has been the better part of 6 months since his loss, and he is almost back in top shape again. He is currently ranked #53 and has a very high contract value. Taking a look at the fighters who are around his ranking and ability, I find Barney Ross. Ross is getting old, and has not been very successful in the last two years. His record is 73-7-4(22), however, he has not won in his last four fights. He was ranked as high as #12 before falling to where he is today. He doesn’t have the confidence of a big name fighter, but his record speaks otherwise. He has solid skills, but not a lot of power. That should help Omar when push comes to shove. I gave them a call and they liked the idea of a fight later this year. Omar should be ready when the time comes.

Ismael is fighting a very important fight this week. Not so much a must win, but that after this, he will only have one fight left on his contract. I would like for him to stay, as I think that he has a very bright future ahead of him. His opponent tonight is Alejandro Gamboa. Gamboa is a rising star in the division, like Gutierrez. His record is 4-2-0(0), but he has won his last 3 fights. He has good skills, but there is some disagreement about the condition of his chin. He has not dominated his opponents, but he seems to do enough to find a way to win. I would expect Ismael to be the aggressor, and for him to try and test the chin of Gamboa. If he were to grab a win, it would mean a nice payday for me, in addition, I plan on laying a big bet here, and take a chance on my man. I want Ismael to fight comfortably, and to be busy. The last thing that I need is for him to get outpointed on the outside. Odds are even between them. It is a pick’em.

Title Fight -

Welterweight World Champion Jose Napoles 83-8-0(58) v. Former Welterweight Champion Manuel Castillo 27-2-1(8) #3

Not one man has been able to defend the title in over 3 years. There have been 4 champions during that time. Napoles lost in the first fight to Sugar Ray Leonard, who lost to Manuel Castillo, who lost to Wilfredo Benitez, who lost to Jose Napoles. Now these men have the opportunity to make a little history. Either Jose is going to defend, or Castillo will hold the title for a second time. Castillo’s most impressive accomplishment was beating the FOY, Derrell Guyver three months ago. Naploles has won five in a row, since his loss to Sugar Ray. Napoles has the power., and Castillo has the defense. Who will come out on top? Oddsmakers like Napoles at ˝, while Castillo is 13/8. Tough to call.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote