Thread: Selling a house
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 11:56 AM   #73
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
The realtor is working hard to get us some cash back at closing and a small reduction on sales price. Apparently there is nothing major enough to just walk away right now, but we can ask for a hefty amount of cash back to try and offset the work being done.

I may be mis-reading your post.
But Remember the realtor doesnt get to decide if its "major enough", you do.
I hate buying a deal needing repairs based off an inspector because then you assume all the risk.
(Aside - unless that's my plan. Ill buy equity on investments in a heartbeat and know I can do the repairs)
You assume the risk of the inspector catching all the damage, you assume the risk of the contractor you hire doing a good job, and on and on and on.

It sounds like you may have fallen out of love based on the inspection, if so...instead of a reduction and cash back I'd push to counter this way.
'We still want to buy and at the agreed upon price. However we want all of these issues resolved professionally and to our approval prior to close. This places all of the onus to perform on the seller. If they fail, you walk. Then be involved in the repair inspection process...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote