View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 10:43 AM   #85
Grover
Pro Starter

Just finished my first season of what will be my "long" game for Football Manager 15.

Finished 2nd in Serie A with Sassuolo, trailing mighty Juventus by about 16 points. Going into the final two matches, Sassuolo had 69 points, Inter had 69 points, Roma had 67 points.

Final two matches?
@ Roma 3-1 victory to clinch Champions League for 15/16
v Inter 1-1 draw to clinch the runner-up spot.

Our front four was incredible.
Domenico Berardi, even missing six weeks scored 28 goals with 17 assists and a 7.65 rating. He was named Serie A Player of the Year

His compatriot up top, Simone Zaza scored 33 goals with 18 assists for a 7.56 rating. He was top goalscorer in Serie A.

AML Nicola Sansone scored 10, assisted on 13.

AMR Andrija Zivkovic, one of only two summer signings leading into the season scored 12 and assisted on 5 before missing the final 8 weeks through injury. He was named Serie A Young Player of the Year.

Our second signing, teenage AML Dorin Rotariu only played a bit part, missing four months through injury. We still have big hopes for him moving forward.

Also in late fall, Nov/Dec we signed an 18y.o. Brazilian forward named Mosquito for depth. He ended up scoring the winning goal against Roma and the leveling goal against Inter. He has solid potential, he's a very good third option at forward.

We were given a modest budget of 15m for the summer and have been told European Qualification is a must. We may have made too big of a leap after season one, but time will tell.

Zaza, Berardi and DR Sime Vrsalkjo have all been linked to English teams, but all overtures have been denied. I'm looking for 20m+ for all three players, but especially Zaza and Berardi.

We had major weaknesses in year one at MC, DL and DC. That has been remedied a bit by signing MC Stefano Sturaro from Juve. MC Andre Ramos has also been brought in on loan from Barcelona. We also signed GK Nicola Leali on a free from them as well. We added Emmanuele Mammana at DC, keeping with the youth check, as well as an Italian DC on a free who's name escapes me.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner

Last edited by Grover : 04-16-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote