View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #151
QuikSand
lolzcat

Incidentally, we come up on the draft clock, finally. My top three BPA candidates (fintering for team need and chemistry) are all defensive linemen. So, after we sign five free agents, and have blown our top picks on DL in the last two years anyway, surely was can lay off and skip the doughy defenders here, right?

Nope.

DT Christopher Hancock punched in at 6'5" 328 lbs, too big to play DE presumably, but he looks to my eye like a legit pass-rusher and potentially an every down DL. I am used to playing a rotation of guys, but we have always had Dillon Harmon to rely on at the LDE slot. Now he's retired, and I am pretty hopeful Hancock can step into that role for us.

I tossed out a post about trading out/down, and got a mix of offers (including a laugher offering me a bag-of-shit throwaway QB for this 1.21 pick plus a decent young player of mine) but wasn't moved to deal down (like I did last year, to disastrous effect). Might have still gotten DT Hancock later in the round, but given my track record with picks after round one, I'm better off sitting tight I think.

Have two seconds ahead, will try to do some more legitimate BPA there.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote