View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 07:54 PM   #170
QuikSand
lolzcat

Wow...it was not long ago, like two offseasons, when I went through a pretty detailed analysis of this team's secondary, and offered my thinking there, coming away really pleased with what I have in those positions.

I just perused the lineup there, and have basically come to the conclusion that it might just be time to blow it all up. These veteran guys all giddy with happiness couldn't cover anyone last season. Why double down on that? McIntyre is rapidly losing his bump skills, CBs Upshaw and Evans are basically replacement-level other than cohesion/chemistry, S Christakes really can't play zone well enough to make this boatload of cash, and Dennis and Shireman and okay but nothing special.

What could be a path forward? I don't know. I have complete liberty, maybe, to just peruse the free agent universe, locate someone to lock in as a young-ish new leader, build some youth around him and let the others fade via attrition. It's on the table. I actually enjoy gathering roster kindling this way.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote