View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 10:14 AM   #18
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Got all the AI implemented and........ WTF is this??

http://www.goldencrestgames.com/wp-c.../runissues.mp4

There is so much wrong with this I don't even know what to say! LOL!

I'm 90% sure this has to do with my new "AI component sliders" system. Here's how it works:
  • Each AI is made out of a bunch of individual AI components, but follows a similar pattern
  • The first components remove potential options based on a specific criteria. Ex: (One component that's often used is the "remove invalid path" component. It removes any move option that can't be reached. Another component removes move options that are too far behind the runner. etc.)
  • Next are the "interest" components. These score each option based on their own set of criteria. In this case, the runner is scoring based on things like moving upfield, avoiding collisions, following blocks, etc.
  • Each interest component is scored on a 0-100 scale, and then is scaled according to that component's slider.
  • Each interest score is added to the total move position option score for that point
  • The top scoring position is selected for the player to move to

As a default, I have all the sliders set to the same value. That means that each AI is probably overvaluing some components and undervaluing others. I think it's clear that the RB is overvaluing the follow block component.

All the other players have their own component slider issues as well, but the RB one is pretty funny.

Off to tune!!