View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 06:21 PM   #2180
miami_fan
Coordinator

I don't feel so lonely now as I did not watch the game. I honestly forgot about it and checked the score at 17-7 and decided I did not need to see anything else.

Record-low for UGA's 58-point title-game wipeout of TCU - Sports Media Watch

Quote:
As one would reasonably expect, Georgia’s 65-7 obliteration of TCU was the least-watched college football national championship on record.

Monday’s Georgia-TCU College Football Playoff National Championship averaged 17.2 million viewers across the ESPN family of networks, making it the least-watched college football title game in the history of the College Football Playoff and its predecessor the Bowl Championship Series. Ratings were not immediately available.

The Bulldogs’ 58-point beatdown — the largest margin of victory in any bowl game — declined 24% from Georgia-Alabama last year (22.56M). Per Sports TV Ratings, viewership for the game peaked at 22.37 million from 8:30-8:45 PM ET, dropped below 20 million at 9:15 and dwindled to just 10.3 million in the final quarter-hour (10:45-11 PM).

For the second time in three years, the CFP National Championship was not the most-watched game of the season. It trailed both the Georgia-Ohio State (22.45M) and TCU-Michigan (21.70M) semifinals and barely outdrew Michigan-Ohio State in the regular season (17.14M).

The gains for the semifinals canceled out Monday’s sharp decline, helping the full, three-game CFP to a 9% increase over last year (from 18.9M to 20.6M).

(Nielsen estimates from ESPN PR, Sports TV Ratings/Twitter 1.10)
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote