View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 11:14 AM   #1101
QuikSand
lolzcat

DC BUREAU With the release of the big LB, we have cap space to burn - and we make a couple of moves that make sense given that. Chief among them is signing a veteran DE who should be a placeholder until we actually have serious personnel up front. My first round rookie WR is suspended, odd unlucky twist there. No crisis, I wasn't really counting on him as a WR2 right away or anything. The pan is that he helps us with depth so we can flip WR Bouchette maybe after this season. His development and chemistry will suffer, but we won't be completely off course by this development. I let AVAILABLE beat me out for a nice-enough OL, that's disappointing. We did land a 5th year, former Orangeman, high-chem, decent-skills DT on a 4yr cut-friendly deal...so that's good for us. Might be our starter against 3WR sets, as an afterthought signing...that's a reflection of our roster more than his talent. LB Lukas Roberts, a 4th year decent guy, joins a suddenly oversubscribed LB corps, and likely will get serious rotation time. No huge impact moves in late free agency here, either. We're going to have trouble paring down, I can tell already. Still have some weak spots in the lineup, but we're mostly set as well.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote