View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 09:43 AM   #1138
QuikSand
lolzcat

DC BUREAU

Well, some happenings here, ones I'm pretty enthused about. I like how this team is coming together, to be honest.

Washington Redskins
KickStand
FS Wesley Gilmore
2 years, $7,820,000 (Bonus: $80K. Salary: $3.9M, $3.9M.)
Washington Redskins
KickStand
FL Ty Pryce
2 years, $28,200,000 (Bonus: $18.0M. Salary: $5.1M, $5.1M.)

Well, I'll start with the WR Pryce. Not a star. Also not a Phantom. But I have been itchy to bring aboard a "lure" guy (a la MtG) where he'll be a high RR target but not the guy we want to throw toward. With my actual WR1 Malone being high RR of 93, I thought this would be impossible...but here is my guy, with his mighty 100 RR and not a ton else. So, that's fun - I could see this guy being on the field for 400 snaps and getting 35 targets, and being super-valuable doing it... if this theory holds up. Also mentor and strong affinity...yee haw.

And also, a young DB, as telegraphed earlier. My silent nemesis in Houston (aside: background here) doesn't have any use for a young DB with... lessee... 70+ bump, 55 man, big hitter, and strong special teams. Yeah, he's a cut over there because, you know, he's got all those red flag and conflict players to hold onto, so he can preserve his losing record again. Anyway, I digress. What I see is, especially if he can lose some weight, is a potential future CB2...maybe I'm being optimistic there, but for a 2yr minsal deal, I'll roll the dice. Look for him to actually see the field this season, and if things look promising, maybe we skip on a new contract for our current non-affinity CB1.

For the way I build my teams, this is an unexpectedly exciting stage.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote