View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 12:30 PM   #1149
QuikSand
lolzcat

DC BUREAU

Same thinking, let's check out the DC roster:

GML: Washington Redskins 2120

BenBot has several sub-par starters to point out:

FB Hackney is merely 38/38. but I just re-upped with him. He run blocks and plays special teams. I can live with that guy at a bargain, and this year he should (finally) lock in affinity. Over time, he'll be a cohesion asset - time to stop looking and settle down. He's fine.

TE Bensen (or whomever) is indeed not good enough to start at TE. Acknowledged. We didn't fix it this year. Will consider options short term, but it remains a priority.

G Tanner - bah, merely a chem leader, nothing to see here. We are 3 deep at quality OT, and will continue to use young run-blocker Lyons as our LG. No worries.

CB Lowe - okay, I think what is happening here is I remain "in like" with this guy as I really felt he'd be worth something when I spent a 2nd round pick on him, and I may be in denial about his skills that stubbornly refuse to uptick. Anyway, I think in the file for tomorrow I extended him fairly cheaply, whoch is probably fine given our relative paucity of DB talent, but may be sub-optimal overall. A DB without voids and with a high interceptions rating seems to be worth having on the roster, somehow.

Nothing shocking on the rest of the page.

Aside...

We'll have a bit of roster shock after this stage, as I'm releasing CB Franklin to clear cap space. Once I decided I wasn't going to extend him, that move because clear enough. I expect that S Schell will play CB1 this season and do okay, and we will rotate in our youngsters in the CB2/NB/DB/S roles to try to put together a mid-pack DB group.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote