View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Would we be able to start a win streak by winning our third consecutive game? The odds were certainly in our favor as we’d just demolished this same team on Sunday.

Andrew had even more success than he’d had when we played last, allowing only 1 unearned run and just generally overpowering their hitters. Danny also looked good with his characteristic ability to throw strikes. Ryan, throwing between those two, didn’t look as good, but did manage to consistently throw some strikes and get hitters to hit some easily played balls.

Unfortunately our offense was slow to get off the board. We just didn’t play with intensity. I’d felt intensity during the game we’d blown at the end as well as the past two games, but yesterday that intensity was missing. In the end it didn’t matter as we had our break through in the 4th for 5 runs and another 4 in the 6th to give us a comfortable lead.

Comfortable enough we tried pitching Justin again, without much success. He had large control problems and we ended up having to yank him in favor of Michael, who finished off the last 1 ⅔ innings to give us our 3rd victory in a row. At this point I think Michael might be our best pitcher after Jordan.

Notes
Speaking of Jordan, both his parents independently came up to us and spoke about what crisis of confidence he’s having at the plate. Steve and I (but mostly Steve) talked to him and expressed our confidence and faith in him. Jordan responded by hitting 2 doubles, including a ball that was really really well hit, and racking up 4 RBIs... Nate pop-up at the first pitch during a 1st & 3rd situation leading to a double play; we have a standing take order in that situation and Nate failed to pick-up my sign to him which would have said the same... Our offense did especially well considering that our two best hitters in the game, Ryan & Michael, went 1-8... Aaron was on-hand for the game and will be playing in the tournament we have this weekend
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote