View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #888
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
But don't you think it would be wise to get out in front of the problem before the technology becomes common, cheaper, and easier to use?

Had we done the same with automatic weapons, bump stocks, etc...perhaps we wouldn't be seeing the mass casualties we are today.

I guess I am just missing the correlation.

Bump Stocks werent a hidden thing. They were advertised in every magazine, online forum and gun shop you can imagine. It wasnt a surprise. When they were used for Las Vegas then outrage moved to get them legislated.

Automatic weapons are already blanketly illegal for everyone but a select few with super stringent licensure and background requirement that take ~1 year to complete.

So that I am not arguing the wrong point, what is your proposal?

That all 3d printers be banned since they could potentially produce a gun?

I guess that's what I am missing. Is it possible to 3d print a gun? yes.
It is also possible to cut and assemble one using metal working tools. And has been for decades yet it hasnt been a problem.

I guess its a different audience, more of the computer "gamer" kid crowd that will now have access as opposed to the "shop class" kid crowd. Is that the point of contention?

Please spell it out for me because I guess I am just to dense to read between the lines here.

What is the concern?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote