View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 11:20 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 16 – We bring in our final our scholarship offers and a FB walk on.

Here is our recruiting class! As you can see, We had some hits and misses. QB Lowe I am shocked at. No one was chasing him. Big name clubs like Pitt called, and even some walk on offers, but we were the only Club to chase him. Finally in the last weeks random Miami of Ohio and such came in, but he was ours and they knew it. No desire for that good of a backup. I don’t want to have him leave due to a distaste for playing time. But there you have it.

S Faulk should e okay, and CB Anderson came in late, but I never was concerned no matter the bigger clubs smoking him out and making offers. See that emphasis of REALLY wanting to stay local? Keep it in Delaware! My LBs are both decent bodies that will rotate in but not necessarily dominate for starts. Ditto my DE and DT. As you can see, I managed to get a decent OT finally, and my OG and C are fine. WR Sutter and Grim will need to pick up the pieces and may need to come in sooner post-Urbanus injuries. TE Rayman is fine although nothing major. RB Etzinger could be a valuable commodity. Only time will tell.

This is probably my worst recruiting class in theory for Del State.

Here are my recruits listed academically. As you can see, they are smart. We only have two of note – RB is just 2.5 and 928 tests, but that’s fine, and we have a 2.5 S with a 1048 test. That’ll be fine as well. You can see their ranking. Buchanon is my highest ranking recruit at 119. We have 11 in the top 1000. Outside of a random OG Buchanon, we have no none in the top 300. He was a bit of a BAP for my extra scholarship, and I am still surprised he came. Sure, we were super close, but other bigger teams were on his visiting roster, and he committed early to us, not one of those that waits and the bigger names pull and then boom - nothing. Probably wanted to join the Del State juggernaut!

You can see that we have 2 from DE, 2 from NY, 2 from MA, 2 from CA, 2 from ID, 2 from IN, and 1 each from PA, NY, LA, MD. I began with 5 NJ recruits, by the by.

We had our first player on the National HS All Star Team – WR Sutter. Let’s hope with can dominate with him!

My lost DT was a DT with 74++ in the Carolinas, by the by.

Now we have a bowl game to attend.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote