View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:42 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 9 – Did I just bring one in? Did Florida pull out? We bring in S, OT and RB. No one went elsewhere. If I bribed? This is the time to bribe! But that’s wrong. 5 commitments and 10 visiting. I try to hold serve.

We take our undefeated record on the road to Liberty. Luckily, they have just two wins, so this is not a bad time to give Lowe the run out in the lights. We lose 25-28. Sughroue was 20 for 121. Lowe was 14 of 34, 145, 2:3. 2 scores to Blanchard.

And thus were the Del State Hornets cast down from the heavens.

Week 10 – We bring in a K and WR. We missed an OT and QB. We still have the stud QB out there on offer. I fly to Iowa and find and make an offer to a OT.

We head on the road to take on our divisional rival. We thump them 47-17. Backup RB Allen rushed for a score. Lowe was 29 of 46 for 407 and 4:1. Urbanus was 13 for 199 and 2 scores. Collier and Price with scores. 2 sacks by Tims, pick by O’Neal.

We have some bad injury news. OT Goodwin and RB Sughroue are out for the season. Allen will start. A third string OT will finish the year.

Week 11 – Florida pulled out from our QB stud. We grabbed him. We also got a P and DT. We have 10 commits. I try to hold my serve with my remaining 5. Our FB was offered a scholarship. I find another from Nebraska and offer.

We crush Georgetown 45-10. Lowe was 15 of 28 for 3:2, 239 yards. Urbanus grabbed 10 for 143 and all three scores. We had two pick sixes, one by Lynn, the other by Humphrey. 2 sacks by Reser, 3 by Tims, and a pick by Lindsay.

We have another injury. WR Berry is out for the season. Rookie Grim moves up. DT Jim Crane is out too, but I have depth there.

Week 12 - The Iowa OT I blitzed last week is coming, as is a CB. It was visiting Iowa State but we were better in every major way. No rejections. I try to hold my serve. Bye.

Week 13 – We bring in a backup QB and a CB. After losing a QB to injury like that, I felt it was important to use my extra scholarship this year on another QB. We host and edge Towson 17-14 at home and finish 10-1. Lowe was 20-44, 224 yards 1:0 ratio. Grim with the TD. Allen rushed for another score. Picks by Grogon and Freeman.

Week 14 – No new recruiting news

Week 15 – Our OLB joins.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote