August, 2017

5th – Friendly Cup in London, vs Cadiz
6th – Final or 3rd Place Game of that Cup
12th – Supertaca vs Vit. Setubal
18th – Home vs Sporting
27th – Away vs Maritimo

Good training was noticed by Paulo Franco, Rocker, and youther Foguinho

A quick assessment of my squad:

GK Fabian Ruiz, Olexandr Bandura, Totladze, and Joaquim Perreira, in that order. We have depth and promise.

DC Stefan Strandberg, Hernani Costa, Cyril Mzizi, Jose Pedro Cardoso , Paulo Franco. This squad is 26, 19, 18, 19, and 18. So a lot of youth, but also one that’s improving and getting better.

DR Joao Luis Rodrigues, Joao Aurelio, Paulo Franco. I have my stud finally starting, with a good solid backup in Aurelio and a nice youth prospect with Franco again.

DL Canela, Rodrigues, Franco, Marin Komorski, JP Cardoso. Lots of people can play the spot, but soon to be signing will be here shortly. Canela, arriving on Aug 30, is an out and out stud.

DMC Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Stefan Strandberg, Nelio Fidalgo, Cyril Mzizi. Just one starter here, but the depth is weak. If I lost Hojbjerg for, say, four months, would I move Strandberg here, start Fidalgo or start Mzizi? I’m not sure any answer is good enough long term.

MR Henri Lansbury, Joao Aurelio, Lucas Castro. I can always slide Castro over in serious injury – I have a ton of depth at the AMC spot. I am not worried here at all.

ML – Dejan Skolnik, Marin Komorski, Sebastian Pflugler, Lucas Castro. Pflugler does not have the typical stats I like from the spot, like crossing. But I can use Komorski one year early if needed, which gives this huge depth.

AMC Lucas Castro, Sebastian Pflugler, Marcio Sousa, Vitor Barreto. I included a few youth prospects there too. If I need to, Hojbjerg can play it well, and I can drop Mariuz Stepinski to it too. This is very deep, with great people.

ST – Mariuz Stepinski, Fernando Castro, Andreas Rocker, Djaniny, Jorge Agra, Sergio Laranjeira. I’ll look to loan out Sergio soon, but that still leaves me with 5 ST when I normally like to carry four. Djaniny leaves in 2 years, Sergio this one, and Franny in a year. So this should soon be the Stepinski/Rocker show. For now, it’s a bit jammed.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote