View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #256
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Should be a good one in two weeks, 'Cide/Daniels.

Yep.

Having read the next two weeks worth of TV already, there's a part of me that wants to find something to pick at the booking about, but on the whole I don't think I can fairly complain.

Case in point: I don't like the storyline they're using for LAX but if they're determined to go that route then I think they're handling it more than passably well.

Jarrett/Sting/Steiner/Cage is a pretty basic & traditional pro wrestling storyline, almost painful in its predictability for me and pretty much anybody who has watched wrestling for any major length of time. But I'm not the target audience really, I'm too old by a good 15 years at least, so I have to remember that and exercise some patience about it.

I think everybody and their brother knows that the title is eventually going around Joe's waist, but I'm increasingly of the mind that it may become anti-climatic in some ways. Once he gets the World Title, I think it pretty much has to stay on him for quite a while. Win/lose/regain over 2-3 months would be running the risk of taking some of the shine off him IMO, but knowing that my fear is that it's going to be somewhat tough to avoid having things start to feel stagnant by the middle of his reign (which I figure will be somewhere in the 8-12 month duration). Avoiding that problem may turn out to be the biggest challenge TNA has faced on screen to date.