View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 10:31 AM   #48
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Question for Peregine. If I am about to be killed by a werewolf and the bodyguard or doctor come to my rescue do I learn who they are in a PM? Like this, "You were attacked last night but Person X faught off the attack."

At the same time could a werewold get a message "You tried to kill KevinNU7 but were staved off by Person X."

Okay, the only people who can learn the werewolf's identities for sure are the Seer and the Witness. If a Bodyguard prevents the attack, I will assume that the wolves went for Player A's door, saw a large armed person there, and departed into the night with neither side being able to notice or identify the other. So what would be told to the players was that there was no kill. The werewolves will of course know who they were trying to kill and will know they were bodyguarded, but not by who. The players won't be sure if one of three things happened: An attack prevented by the bodyguard, an attack on the cursed, or the wolves just choose not to attack anyone for some reason. If the doctor cures someone then they (and the rest of the villagers) will know who was attacked and healed, but not any of the wolves identities.

It sounds confusing, but I think it's best to limit who can learn about the wolves, there are a lot of humans and I think the game might be slanted their way anyway. So the no kills will provide some additional confusion.

Quote:
Another question. Are you saying that in the opening PM the cursed would have gotten a message saying "You are a villager" and then if they get killed by the wolves they will change sides?

Yes, this is the way this works. If the wolves get lucky they may gain an ally early on (and royally screw up the theories of everyone else) but then again the role of the cursed may never be revealed.

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-24-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote