View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #316
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I didn't read it like that, but you're right, it's not clear cut what the complaint was.

But again, even "pretty solid" offensively was barely above replacement level by the narrowest of margins, .333 from 3pt range on 2.5 attempts per game and 3.5 assists to 2 turnovers per game for a combo guard who is bad defensively. If he's really willing to play for a NBA minsal deal I'm sure he's going to get it eventually, but you can look at his age, his overall game and not be surprised why teams are looking at players 7 or 8 years younger and they can get the same thing for a lot cheaper (and frankly without some of the Linsanity baggage).

But are teams not bringing him in because of the numbers or the baggage?

I read his comments in a similar vain as John. I am not saying he is a must sign for any NBA team but I would understand his disappointment if the backlash to the Linsanity era was still being held against him and was costing him a spot on an NBA roster. I am sure he sees himself as worthy of a "team first guy who would be a great fit in any locker room" role for a team.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote