View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 07:14 AM   #144
Ned Doolittle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I absolutely refuse to be in any league in which HA/Anthony is a part. He spends his time trying to destroy the league rather than actually play out the sim. The first post he made in the new RWBL forums while trying to decide if he actually wanted in was full of cussing-out insults to some other owner during a discussion about strategy. No thanks. Glad I missed his time in FOOL even if it did mean Boston got moved.

And yet, here we are all these years later talking about me and no one will ever remember you. I haven't posted in these forums FOR YEARS and haven't been in this league in quite some time. Funny how that works, huh? We always remember the most passionate ones the most. There's a reason why guys like Charles Barkley get put on TV and ppl like Karl Malone don't. No one wants to watch a guy whose nickname was "The Postman", one of the most boring blue collar jobs around. We want the fiery opinionated ones. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Tim Duncan to get a tv gig. I'm at 0 or 11, baby, I don't do anything halfassed. If I'm just gonna be an owner like gstelmack, just submit rosters and not rock the boat in the interest of being polite and just agree with the majority then what's the point? We remember that Lawford tirade all these years later because there was passion. It was an energetic owner who was fully invested trying to make his team better and not afraid to tell the league about it.

I never mastered this league. I'm a fairly decent at OOTP but this league was unique in a way that i couldn't get a handle on. You should be happy to have a league where ppl can't just walk in off the street and throw some lineups up and win. You guys have created what's called "a challenge". Congrats to all who have won.

Oh, and my signing of Lawford was completely worth the money. Nevermind that he apparently went to the HOF, that part I knew was gonna happen when I had him in the team office signing the contract. Couple years ago there was a team called the NY Knicks. Bad to average team. No stars on the roster. They signed one guy to a massive max contract, his name was Amare Stoudmire. Why? What's the point in doing that when one guy wasn't gonna be enough to bring them a championship? Because when you're bad you don't sign one star to bring you a championship. You sign one star to help start you on the way to bringing you a championship. It all has to start somewhere. And a team with one star on it is better than a team with no stars on it. We were like the Mets of the 2000s, who went to the World Series on the back on one guy only - Mike Piazza. Get the star first and then try to figure the rest out as you go.

I'm still reading this thread, I just wanted to piss in gstelmack's Cheerios for a second. Can't wait to see where I rank as an owner.
Ned Doolittle is offline   Reply With Quote