View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 12:06 AM   #123
tzach
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool View Post
put the combine correlation to 0?
you don't need to go down to 0, but certainly much lower than 50 to get rid of the usual combine thresholds. the issue is that the AI struggles to draft with low combine correlation. i play with 20 in SP.

more importantly, you need to restrict the scouting bar of your coaches to less than 70, or less than 50 if you really want an NFL-like draft experience. if you have been playing fof for some time, anything above 70 will give you too much certainty in the draft prospects compared to the NFL success rate.

the link below contains some interesting analysis using two metrics for percentage of busts as a function of draft position in the NFL. you will routinely find experienced FOF players drafting much better than that in MP leagues.
The chance of a bust in the NFL draft

this post below from jim is still relevant to 8.3, and some may not have seen it so i'll link it below. interesting discussion on combines.
The NFL Scouting Combine and Wide Receivers – Football Frontier

you can have a lot of fun looking at the combine scores and pre-draft evaluations of players in the nfl site. i came across NOS michael thomas the other day hehe.
NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Michael Thomas

the bottom line is that it's very difficult to recreate the NFL draft experience in a simulation and still make it fun and attractive to most people. fof does a good job for players that never heard of combine thresholds or static bars.

Last edited by tzach : 02-25-2020 at 12:07 AM.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote