View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 10:35 AM   #414
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm pushing on a two-fold front here:

1) I believe it's vital that we have the right people in charge of the projects. While some of the positions vs people's history may be unclear, and we do not have personal knowledge of each other - there are places where informed decisions can be made, and this is one of them. Do we elect the first person to indicate a modicum of experience in a field just because they spoke up first?

2) I've spent a career sharing my knowledge with others, and it's time to use it to help us survive. I fully believe I am the right person for this assignment and have no compunction asserting it.

while i agree with your first point (note that i was the one questioning why people were voting 24 hours ahead of the deadline when half the people werent here yet) i find your second to be highly biased and dismissive of reality.

you have no practical experience doing anything, whereas i have spent a career actually planning and building exactly what we need here.

its the difference between having a black belt in Karate (which would be me), and having watched a lot of Jean Claude Van Damme movies, and then telling people how to do Karate without doing it yourself (which would be you)

I am not saying you would not be a useful member of the engineering team, i just dont think we need a classroom mind to lead it.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote