Thread: DraftAnalyzer7
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #48
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It's an interesting way of thinking, although it's more complicated. I think you're right that it's the discrepancy between development and bars or grade (I ignore grade mostly, I get a good scout and trust the bars more) that is key. High bars / low development is often an indicator that the bars are lying, while low bars / high development may indicate the bars should be better. Jim has said in the past that low development means a higher risk in drafting, but we don't know how much that still applies in an FOF7 world.

That's why I'm trying setting an average percent developed, and rewarding or punishing based on a deviation from it. If a guy has high bars / low developed, it punishes, low bars / high development, it rewards, and low bars / low developed will be killed, and high bars / high development will get a nice boost. It gives me a chance to weed out the high bars / low developed guys that I am most worried about.

But I'm certainly open to discussion / examples about how I could add options for GMs to apply the rules they want.