Thread: DraftAnalyzer7
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #128
aston217
College Prospect

That's interesting, I didn't know this was how DraftAnalyzer worked. That's cool and probably how it should work.

The reason for that probably comes from MalcPow's thread of combine benchmarks for FOF2k7 (Some Combine Benchmarks (and Drafting Thoughts) - Front Office Football Central. No player who was set to have 60 Avoid Intelligence (as well as 60 in the other set-able bars across the board) scored below a 28 in Sole. It's less of a 'sweet spot' as it is a 'cutoff.' More knowledgeable people than me may be able to tell you concretely whether we should consider these numbers as still valid in FOF7. So far, I'm rather ASSuming it.

However, as far as cliffs go, that isn't the worst. Most other "cliff" - like scores are much more stringent. For example, if an OT scores worse than 7.80 agility, MalcPow's benchmarks strongly suggested he has no chance of greater than 20 in pass blocking. If DraftAnalyzer accounts for this, that's great, because a 7.82 and a 7.80 both appear "black" in game -- nothing to suggest such a disparity in quality.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any 27 or lower sole score QBs who really panned out. There was one in the CyFL who reached modestly high OVR -- in the 50s -- but he seemed to be a pick machine, despite his very low intelligence. That may have been the offense or receivers too, who knows.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote