Thread: DraftAnalyzer7
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 06:27 AM   #144
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbes View Post
Why doesn't slot by round eliminate all of the below-threshold combine players? Are the findings that those players aren't quite so bad as originally thought?
Different people look for different things. Having observed your drafting lately, you and I are similar in that we're looking for 50+ types all draft long, through round 7. Some people look for more "specialty" types as the draft goes longer. When it comes to what Greg mentioned in terms of "playing the odds," for me, it's just not worth the extra time and effort to do a bunch of digging for non-constraints players who are 50+. For example, you'll only find a 50+ Center who is below the dash constraint once every 30+ years, below the bench constraint once every 5 years, and below the agility constraint once every 7 years. Sure, you might find a 48/48 guy who fits the bar profile you like, and those guys are rightly showing up. But until the MP collective improves its drafting, in most leagues I don't think you need to bother with below-constraints guys.

That being said, Greg is in only one MP league--FOOL. And FOOL is--by FAR--the best-drafting league when it comes to snatching up constraints guys. (There are typically less than 5 guys I'm still interested in there post-draft. In other leagues, that number is frequently in the 15-20 range.) As a result, you NEED to draft non-constraints guys there, so there's a very good reason for him to include them.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 03-17-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote