View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 06:18 PM   #184
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Race To Finland
Two weeks Left

I made a rather stunning error with the last Race standings, when I pronounced it over. It seems I somehow didn't include Hogue at all. Ahem. So things are not as simple as they were then reported to be. Here's where we are now, heading into the week before Paris.

In

Antonin Iglar -- 12750
Bjorn Benda -- 9780
Anil Mehul -- 6210
David Alvarez -- 5910

Mehul is still clear at least as mentioned; he booked his spot with the Shanghai title.

Probable

David Almagro -- 5040
Viktor Goncharenko -- 5015
Perry Hogue -- 4860

It would require a disaster for any of these three to make it, but it's not official yet.

Contenders

Cestmir Marcek -- 3960
-------------------------------
Julian Hammerstein -- 3920

It looks like this is the real contest, only it isn't much of one. Hammerstein is focusing on doubles now. He's not even playing singles in Paris and skipped Shanghai as well -- though he's still scheduled to play both in next year's Australian Open. Still, if this holds up, Marcek pretty much gets the final spot by default. Unless ...

Long Shots

Pierce Gaskell -- 3255

Coming out of nowhere, Gaskell won the Japan Open and then made the semis in Shanghai. He still needs a miracle but he's put himself back in the conversation. He's taking this week off, which means he pretty much needs to win Paris to make it happen. Possible, but extremely unlikely.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote