View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 12:53 PM   #1261
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

So here's a new one. I made a hire; as I mentioned in the other thread, I realized there was a hole in my approach; I wasn't going for a quick, lower-quality trainer. That's particularly relevant here as Shrivastava has another two decades plus as a player. So I brought in, literally taking every.single.point I had which means I couldn't have done it earlier even if I wanted to, 31-year-old Manoj Datar.

Datar is the #2 singles player for Sri Lanka, but more importantly by far the most 'trainer-ready' option. The amusing part: he has -126 experience coming in. I didn't know negative experience was possible. Pretty sure it's not supposed to be. And he's not going to be improving anything for a while: I want to bank the 7.5k experience he needs to become a trainer ASAP, so that as soon as Raychaudhari gets enough physical development to need his services, I can retire Datar to trainer duty. That'll actually hurt us short-term in the WTC, but it needs to be done.

Manoj Datar grades out as a 3.78 trainer initially. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to boost him, but I'll do what I can.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote