View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 05:52 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, here let me show you the religion thing drilled into Tunis:

Here we are, the big bad of the region! I have zoomed into the relations. See how we start with a -30, -40 for being Ibadi and +10 for following the same school? They also are hostile and want my provinces. Tlemcen does not. So Tunis won’t likely be ally-able. But Tlemcen might.

Whoa, it looks like I can RM with local Sunnis, Which makes sense, since in real life Tlemcen and Mzab are in the same family.

See how we start at -15 and the RM is available with a green check? That means they’ll say yes to what you are asking.

Our ruler:

Imam Hassan Zayyanid, 21 years old, small 2/1/2 abilities with a long bad life ahead of him, no heir or consort

Tech – Muslim Tech Group - My tech is 3/3/3 and we have embraced Feudalism, and we make monthly 5/4/5. I make ADM my national focus since it’s used for coring and Ideas and now I am making 7/3/4.

Religion -

Ibadi Faith
: +100% chance of new heir; +10% Goods Produced

Maliki School:
We get -10% dev costs. Remember that both Arid and Desert are harder to add dev to, so that’s nice. Deserts are +50 and Arid +10, so right now to add an ADM dev to Mzad would cost a massive 74 power.

I cannot convert to Sunni to help.

Converting Laghouat will cost me 0.13 monthly so I would lose 0.03 monthly, for 144 months, so I’d lose less than 5 gold. I do it.

I have two Missionaries so this keeps one free.

I move my army to Laghouat to help with Sunni rebels

Government –

Feudal Theocracy: I can use 50 power to do one of three things every 5 years for 5 years:

50 Admin – Seize Clerical Holdings - -15% Construction Costs
50 Dip – Invite Minorities from Abroad - -20% Development Costs in capital area – this requires I owe my entire capital state and I do not so I cannot select it right now
50 Mil – Sanction Holy War – I get cores on all adjacent Heathen and Pagan faiths, so I can do this and then declare war for Touggart right now with a CB.

All last 5 years. I choose none right now.

I also get these boosts:

+1 Missionary
+1% Missionary Strength
+2 Tolerance of the True Faith
+50 Governing Capacity
+5% Ulema Loyalty equilibrium

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote