View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 04:20 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Historical Hegemon Series
Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter Nine - Annexing Fezzan

1 Feb, 1459 – I annex the four holdings of Fezzan!

Sabha –Next to Ghadames, and south of Tunis, north of Fezzan, west of Juthra, Livestock raised here, just 3 dev, Desert, Arid, 0.03 made here, Sunni and Tunisian

Fezzan – Former capital, south of Sabha and Jufra, north of the unclaimed holding of Tajarhi a 3 dev Desert likely Livestock too. Desert, 3 dev, Arid, Sunni, Tunisian, Ivory traders, make us .01.

Juthra – North of Fezzan, east of Sabha, west of Sirt, south of Tunis, makes us 0.05 with Livestock, 3 dev, Arid, it has a Sufi Shrine so it’s -2 unrest, +2 tax income and +.10 monthly autonomy change. Sunni and Tunisian.

Sirt – Connects Juthra to Mamluks to the east, west is Tunis, coastal, Fish are caught here, 3 dev, Desert, Arid, Sunni and Tunisian, make us 0.01.

3000 troops, all infantry, I order them to join my main army in Ouarsenis

And now we have finished our first goal! We have taken all of the smaller minors off the map, and have cutoff the big bad of Tunis. And we have three bonus holdings from Tlemcen.

Hopefully the Mamluks won’t come our way anytime soon

Have you noticed just how poor this region is?

How many 3 dev Desert Arid holdings there are? I’m glad I didn’t need to take those four low value in war with a big ADM Coring.

11 Feb – I keep my Fezzan diplomat back for emergencies I have nothing left to make nice with and claims on Tunis already if you’ll recall from my theocracy Holy War.

Now I want to declare war on Tunis, and I don’t care about Granada, but I don’t want Morocco leaving me, and I am not next to anyone to DOW to get them to attack me on their own, so I need to expand south and DOW something there.

I make the Fezzan state.

2 July – With relations of 180 I max with Morocco and pullback. I send this to build a spy network in Tunis for no major reason.

8 Feb, 1460 – Event: Shady People – I get better spy network construction for a while

2 May – Tunis has declared war on us for Biskra, Morocco does not join them nor do they join us, they are now at peace with both of us. That’s a smart play by Tunis to isolate me, they tried to get our lands when we were attacked Fezzen, Tlemcen, Algiers, and more and always DOWd who I am playing against, and then I am just overextended and you bring a battle and my ally stays on the sideline.

This could be bad.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote