View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 10:39 AM   #232
PilotMan
Head Coach

We are a family of introverts mostly. My middle son likes to get out in the world and be a social butterfly, but he really appreciates his own personal time too, and there's plenty of that to go around. We've all been together at home now for a month and I don't think there's been one argument between anyone. We all have enough space and enjoy each other's company. I'm sure it's a strange experience for others, I can't imagine how hard this would be if we weren't so well functioning.

My oldest still comes and goes from work, but he's the only one getting out. I know I'm missing going to the bar for drinks with my wife, or going out for a nice dinner just the two of us. We're missing a lot of our 'close, personal' time too and that's frustrating.

I am enjoying the break from people in general though. I've discovered that they really, really wear me out. I stand at my back door and watch the birds at my feeders in the back yard and it helps me smile and relax. Early in the day and early evening is the best time, and we've had quite a nice variety. It's been hard to get off my computer at times. I am struggling with getting up to do much needed exercising. I'm trying to get better at photography and taking some classes I've purchased. I've got some drones that need built. I'm getting to talk a lot to my boys and stay connected with them and their future plans.

All in all, the more time I can spend away from thinking about the larger real world and focus more on each day, hour by hour, in my own world, the better I do.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote