View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 09:46 AM   #259
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Shipt. And from my perspective based on what you're describing, I'm sure it varies from place and place and I don't know how things are going to go obviously until I do it for a while. Having said that, you also clearly have a higher standard of pay that you're aiming for to make it worth it than I do. That's another thing that's relative.

Everything I hear - I have a brother who is working on getting into it as well and works at the local Meijer - indicates the local shoppers are making good money right now and they are planning on adding 2k people just in this part of the state and basically hiring everyone they can get their hands on cause of demand. How long that lasts is clearly going to depend on unknowables just like everything else right now but even in worst case still seems to me to me worth doing.

Ah. Never messed with Shipt but I hear they sometimes have some great promos. Amazon Flex delivery pays decent (as low as $18 up to 23$) but hours are sometimes hard to scrape. You probably can’t get more than one 3 hour block a day. But if you’re trying to hit a $$$ daily goal it helps cause it’s actually guaranteed money. It usually takes me 2 hours to do a 3 hour block. (Did you used to work for amazon). Depends on how close the warehouse is to you and if it’s hiring.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote