View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 08:30 AM   #280
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I do sometimes wonder why he chooses to fraternize with so many of "the enemy" on this board. But I will admit I got a little concerned when I hadn't seen him on the board for a couple of days, and was glad to see a post from him afterward.

I'm alive. Pretty much doing the same flippin' thing everybody else is: trying to survive the shitstorm, however much me successfully doing so might chagrin some people*.

I generally float between despair and rage for the past month or so, - with a variety of prompts for each - with the only relief being occasional short spans where I can zone out completely (thank God for Civ 6 coming to console).

And while I may not be able to prevent either of those, I'm at least smart enough to TRY to limit how much I feed either. So if I have a longer than usual absence from threads (or the board entirely), odds are I'm just trying to avoid feeding my negativity (or anyone else's). And even higher odds that's the case if I uncharacteristically fail to respond to something specific.

If I'm wrong about how shit ends up, there's time to argue later with anybody here. And if I'm right, then how much is gained by arguing with anybody here?

(ftr, that's directed at exactly nobody in particular, merely acknowledging the reality that someone who'd prefer I didn't probably exists)