View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 06:28 PM   #88
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I was surprised there wasn't more interest in Lumpkin, I used my major pitch on him so that probably helped get him. I had one guy with almost zero other coaches looking at him and no schollies but mine, totally reject me. Still have a lot of options out there for my other 2 schollies, including still a certain New Hampshire recruit, who's interest in Coastal somehow went up even though I ignored him this phase.

Edit: I was going to try Lumpkin at both spots just to see what he does
Yeah I guess he's worth trying at both, the Perimeter D vs Post D just seemed to pigeonhole him into SG, but with his length maybe he's better on D in the lane than I'd think.

It's definitely working to our advantage as smaller schools to have this many 3/4* players commit before the 5*'s do & big schools pivot. Maybe some of these guys would still commit to a smaller school that showed them early love & fits their desires rather than just grabbing any high major offer, but it really does seem like even the elite schools are better off only going after a couple 5*'s instead of tying up all their spots. We'll see what happens with the next 2 sims though - I have 2 4* guys that have Kansas & NC State lurking respectively, we'll see if they still commit before those schools can offer them (if that's the reason for no offer.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote