View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 04:56 AM   #504
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Why this story in this thread you may wonder? Because laughing beats the hell outta crying, that's why. And it's a relief to me that we managed to teach our kid that fact.
I've noticed that I've cried from laughter more than I usually do. Probably the build up of tears, as I don't cry easily while these are no heartwarming times, usually the floods come only when something over the top hilarious happens. These last couple of weeks the tears come even at the smallest of jokes.

Like when I called a co-worker and just as I was about to ask him my question, another co-worker in the same room as him asked for the phone so she could ask me a question first. After I answered it, she didn't just give him the phone back, she simply hung up. I threw my arms up in the air: "wtf?", didn't I initiate the connection to call the other co-worker and didn't she interrupt us? I suppose I was in a good mood, or simply too flabbergasted and felt like it was the funniest work-related moment in weeks. When I called again, she picked it up (despite it being his cellphone): I wanted to clean (de-corona) the phone before giving it back. It was all good, I just thanked her for the unintentional comedy.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 07-04-2020 at 04:57 AM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote