View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 11:06 AM   #506
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The other shoe dropped for my job and my company. A few minutes ago, they announced the upcoming expected, possible furloughs for pilots. The number is 2250, and it's very close to what some predictions are and is spread out over 2 months this fall. All I can say about this is that I am relieved that I am not included in that number and that it looks like I will have a job through the winter, barring further needed reductions prior to next summer's flying schedule. If this winter does not come back or further shut downs loom, they may need to reduce numbers even further. I guess well see, but I am breathing a sigh of relief that I am spared, and even after this number there is still a sizeable number of guys behind me directly too. I cannot feel happy though. That is a lot of guys who are going to be out of work. Pretty much anyone hired after Jan of 2016 is going to be gone. The company has added that they may furlough up to 36,000 employees on October 1.

I'm glad that you missed the axe this time. Rooting for a vaccine before the turk comes again.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote