View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 11:34 AM   #536
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

Work convo this morning where I "shocked" 4 40something co-workers when they learned I had a living will and an asset will and already owned my burial plots and had pre-paid for my funeral expenses. I did all this before I was 30. I honestly thought until today that made me in the norm....now I learn that no one..not even my 68 year old co-worker/employee has burial plots despite his wife being a 2 time cancer survivor.

I think the world is crazy and their priorities are skewed...

You are pretty rare. Would actually make an interesting poll.

About 7 years ago we started making a lot more money, stock options, etc...and decided to get a financial guy. I figured he would just be a guy who managed the money, but he was anything but.

The first thing he did was have us set up life insurance, disability, umbrella policy, etc...He had us do wills, living wills, even had us do a form outlining all our account numbers, passwords, etc...to make it easy if we both die (this is well protected). Then had us move on to college funds, long term investments, etc...

His big thing was making sure we were prepared and protected for anything. Made me realize how unprepared we really had been.

Last edited by Lathum : 07-16-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote