View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #554
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Teaching my 20yo how to drive and she’s fucking brutal. May just pay for driving school but I’m guessing there aren’t many available at the moment.

I taught my youngest two how to drive (the oldest got his lessons paid for by Voc Rehab), and they both learned how to drive a stick too. I approached it the same way that I approached teaching in the plane. It's a stepping stone process and it takes a ton of patience. The youngest is still waiting for them to start doing drivers testing, but both of them have a solid grasp on what it encompasses and how to be a safe driver. Of course, they are both still teen boys, and they like to take unnecessary risks, however, the feedback from them is that they are both very pleased with my teaching. They are way better drivers than their friends, more comfortable all around, can handle complex situations that their friends avoid. It's one of the things that I am most proud of actually. Now I wish USAA would put that down and cut me a break on my insurance as a result!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote