View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 02:36 PM   #555
PilotMan
Head Coach

We got our survivorship paperwork done a few years ago. We have a bit of a special situation in that my oldest has some government benefits, and if he were to come into money that he would immediately lose his benefits, so we created a Special Needs Trust for him. The idea being that once his brothers were old enough (almost!) that they would act as trustees for him.

We're fairly well prepared. We have the life insurance, living wills, the pair of trusts (a different one for the other brothers), an umbrella policy. I know that if something happens to be that my wife will well off enough that she won't need to work and can still put the kids through school, pay off the house, etc.

Our whole family has come around on cremation. Even my mom, who I figured would not want that said it was fine with her. I explicitly said that I will never, ever have an open casket for anyone that am in charge of saying goodbye to too. It's just not a thing I ever want to be a part of. I hate remembering people as that is the last way that I see them.

CU does make me feel wholly inadequate though when with his planning. It's always nice to hear about people who really do have their shit together and are willing to at least think about the stuff that is hard and important to them.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote