View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #567
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

My dad is going to have radiation for his cancer, so that has put everyone on edge because of the pandemic and the fear that services could be cut or delayed by it.

He's on the outside being positive.

I have a giant storage room with shelves and I'm stocking (not hoarding) essential supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer, dry staples like beans and rice, canned goods, etc.

I figure the next few months are going to be really bad.

My wife and I are discussing the options for the 8 year old and school. The district was offering in service schooling or remote. She wants to stick with remote, I am fine with that. I figure within a few weeks it may be online only.

The teenager is being more resistant to the idea of being cooped up again. College is in service until November, but I think before the end of summer, it'll be online again.

Might want to grab a backup wireless server in case this one goes down or can't handle capacity.

We're also thinking of a new tv for the basement/living room to help with schooling, my son will get an ipad and if we can plug it to a bigger screen it max help with things.

The extra tv would also keep the 4 year old from being too much of a distraction.

I'm lucky to still be able to work remotely on certain days and the wife works from home completely.

I figure my parents can stop by and assist, they'll be in the circle.

I bought 12 bottles of booze (bourbon, rum, wine, tequila, etc) before there is a run on the state stores (Pennsylvania).

I'm preparing for the worst.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote